Monday, June 16, 2008

Dads' Day

Yesterday we celebrated Father's Day. =)
nd marshmallows with chocolate fountain, but unfortunately, they didn't serve that in Coronade.(My siblings told me they had that in Prince hotel's buffet..but i wasn't there the other time.) And another variety they lacked-- japanese food. Sushi and miso soup and all. But thank God i'm not a fan of sushis and the likes...i just find them too raw and inedible. Lol.

Overall, the buffet was one
My family and I went to church in the morning and after the service, we went to Coronade hotel for high tea.It's like a buffet where you can eat as much as you want,from 1 pm right up till 5pm.Honestly, you can eat till you bloat with the amount of scrumptious food available.

By 3pm, my stomach capacity had already reached its maximum. You know,i even took a plate of pasta but i left it on the table cuz i really couldn't eat it anymore.......lol.I really didn't wanna waste..especially such delicious food.I thought i could still stuff it in but i just couldn't.Really,really couldn't. One tiny bite almost caused me to spit it out but i swallowed it anyway. And for those of you who know me or have seen me ate, u would understand that my stomach storage for food is probably equivalent to that of a mice. (Or perhaps,even smaller.)

Anyway, i would love to show u the varieties of food they offered but i won't be able to upload any pics from my phone into my blog for the moment, not until i get a new cellphone.Hopefully,latest by early next year.My current phone only has a VGA camera,ever since the previous one got stolen. So..do bear with me yea!

But lets see....i'll just roughly list down what i ate...=P
- Lasagna with rich cheese toppings. (Really yummmmmy)
- Crabsticks and some fried fritters.
- Spaghetti fettucini
- Mango Chicken with what-tasted-like-lemon gravy (Anyone tried that before?It's my first and definitely not the last. It was good!)

My second helping:
- Fruit salad and some kind of salad with minced chicken.
- A pink cendol-like drink with jellies inside.

That was all i could take for the 2nd round. = /

Ahh...DESSERTS! I had 'Tau foo fa'. The brown sugar they served aren't as tasty as those sold by vendors outside but it was still pretty good. What else...i had two slices of cake. One cappucino and another a creamy one. And who can live without ice creams? Haha. I had vanilla with chocolate fondue plus nuts. =P

Seriously, i think i need to work out after all the heavy eating.There were times when i even forced myself to gorge the food cuz i couldn't bear to let the foods go to waste. There were other foods which i didnt try...i just nibbled a bit here and there from my brother's plate...like satay, 'ikan bakar', roasted chicken,etc.

I was looking forward to eating fruits awhich left me physically very satisfied.=D I'm pretty sure my stomach was beaming with glee but my digestive system would probably had had a tough time trying to churn and shred the extra food i consumed.( Imagine all the calories man...)

Oh, our family also won a 2days 1 night stay for two in the hotel as a result of winning a competition they organized during the high tea.Yay! My sis and bro + my dad, went up front and participated in a few games. In fact, they took part in all games except one. 'Daddy's Favourite' game and a cake deco competition. We won the first game and got fourth for the deco thingy. There was this 'Macho man' competition which involved two of my uncles,minus my dad.Neither of them managed to take home the travel voucher cuz one pulled out at the end and another lost out to 2 other uncles in singing. lol. Guess what? my uncle sang a hokkien song when the others sung in english. Oh..one of them sang a children's nursery rhymes. Haha. It was just pure hillarious. But i admire his spontaneity!

I'm glad i went for this high tea. Though it left me with a headache,literally. (Probably cuz i ate too much and started feeling nauseated) But the fun and fellowship we had was worthwhile. And most importantly is that my dad and all the other daddys had their share of enjoyment.

Here's wishing my coolest dad a Blessed "belated" Father's Day and also to my greatest Heavenly Father.=D
You both rock to the max! You've always given everything yet demanded nothing.
THANK YOU, from the bottom of my heart.


No comments: