Friday, September 5, 2008

Mad about Books

Aaaaaaaaaaah.......... *heaves a sigh of RELIEF*

Finally.
Trial exams are over. For GOOD.

Been waiting for the 5th of Sept to arrive since eons ago..
To be very honest with you, my enthusiasm sorta dwindled as the 14 days went by( it really seemed like an eternity). I couldn't help counting the days to "freedom". Though I am of course fully aware that the real battle a.k.a STPM has not begin yet..

Well, I shall rant no more about my exams for now. Cuz I wanna blog about stuffs that i have been wanting to talk about ever since before exams..=D

********

Alritey! So i talked about wanting to get a few yummylicious books about two months ago right?

And I'm really elated to say that i've managed to get TWO out of the four targeted books.
With the help of some wonderful peeps of course.

TADAH!




I'm partially covered by BREAKING DAWN!!!!! Still unwrapped.Fresh from Popular bookstore.Haha.

Initially, I wanted to resist the urge to get the book until after my trial exams. But i just couldn't! Imagine only getting my hands on the book today, I would probably have read so many newspaper and online reviews that it would distort my perceptions about the book even prior to reading to myself.

Once I started reading, i couldn't bear to part with it. I brought it everywhere...to the dining table, to the sofa, and even to the washroom. And when i had to part with it momentarily,like when i go for tuition classes.. i did so unwillingly.The characters such as the ever dashing and mysterious EDWARD CULLEN and his other-significant half, Bella Swan, would still linger in the sea of my thoughts until i arrived home.It's simply an unputdownable!

Oh yea..i also got 20% off 'Breaking Dawn' using Popular Member's card. =) At first, i wanted to purchase a hard cover one..but they didn't sell it..Never mind though, im still happy that i finished reading the final installment to the sequel! (although i wished the story would never come to an end)

If you wanna know more about why Twilight sequel which has been topping the best-selling lists and even almost surpassing the 'Harry Potter' series, you should really get your hands on the book! No regrets! All three of my books are already loaned to friends. And more on the waiting list too.hehe.

You might also wanna check out Ha Nnah's blog which features her interesting reviews on 'Breaking Dawn'.

Did i forget to mention that the Twilight movie is coming to our theatres in December?
weeeeeeeeeeeee! CAN'T WAIT!


*********

Yay! yay! yay!
Happiness number two!
More BOOKSSSSSSSSS!
Haha.

Got these 3 books for the price of two only at Borders.



And the credit goes to...*drumrolls*..
Kar Wai
and Dennis.

They paid for these books.One to fulfill my book cravings and the other as my pre-birthday gift(or is it considered my present already?LOL) Anyway, I'm just really thankful to the both of them cuz i really got more than what i've bargained for. Really grateful to the Lord for knowing and granting me the desires of my heart.


However, these three books are still under ''safe-keeping'' with someone. There's a requirement i need to fulfill in order to get all three books.Haha.It's for my own good anyway.
I'm still HAPPY about it~ =D

Shall be spending my post-exam moments reading some good books and going for retail therapy! Then it's back to school BOOKS again.Haha.

No comments: