Saturday, October 17, 2009

The God of Small things

On Thursday, on my way back from Johor (to KL),I suddenly felt very in need of the washroom!
Usually in the first half of the 3 hour+ journey, the bus driver will stop at a resthouse for us to 'let go'. But weirdly, this time round, even after 2 hours..the bus showed no signs of stopping.. ><

I was on the verge of bursting. Really couldn't hold it in any longer.
And there was once or twice, the particular bus driver did not stop all the way until we reached KL.So i was afraid it might happen this time! haha

Gosh, the torture of wanting to go to the loo but yet having to wait for another 1 plus hour =/

Then i started to ''complain'' to God..saying..'Lord..aiyoyo..why this bus driver didnt stop one? I really beh tahan(can't stand it) liao...'

And then i continued to anticipate and wait to see if he would stop or not. Normally, if the bus showed signs of stopping...it would slow down and drive to a left corner (since the rest room is at the left side.
But nope, no signboards indicating a restroom nearby. =.= And the bus kept going and going.



All of a sudden, i heard a voice telling me 'Do you trust Me enough to take care of everything?'
I was like..'Huh..?'
cuz i was in a very dire state of need and wasn't really in the mood to pay attention to anything already.

Then the miraculous and unthinkable happened!
About less than 5 seconds after i heard The Voice, which i now know it is the voice of the Holy Spirit, the bus started slowing down.
I was taken aback. And i wondered, hmm..is it a jam?
But when i sat upright, i immediately saw a resthouse beside me!


Can you imagine that?
I was so stunned that i almost couldn't move out of reverential fear.
Even while i was rushing to the toilet.. i kept thinking about what has just occurred.
Surely no one can deny it was God who was at work.
It simply could not have been a coincidence. =D

It wasn't even a prayer..i was more like complaining and asking God..but even in the pettiest things of our life, He cares and He takes notice. =)
Thank You Lord!
It's so amazing.I'm still very amazed by what has happened that day =)


And this incident is also in a way God's answer to my prayer. Cuz i've always prayed that He would help me recognize His 'still, small voice'.My desire is to hear His voice clearly and to recognize it when He speaks.
Sometimes it can be so difficult..cuz i dunno if im imagining things or if its my own voice talking.
So im still in the process of learning how to identify His Voice clearly =))
And i thank Him for this experience cuz now i know that when i hear a similar voice in future, it is the Lord speaking through the dear Holy Spirit. Amen! =)

If you doubt that God cares about the small, seemingly insignificant things in your life, remember my story. He certainly does!

No comments: