Monday, October 12, 2009

Return to Your First Love! (continued from previous post)

This post is continued from the previous one. ;) It may be slightly longer than usual. But this post shares one of the most significant happenings in my life from the beginning of the year till now,Oct 12. =)
And if you are a believer, then all the more you should read this yea..=) Forgive me if i sound a lil harsh at some point, but know that i'm just saying whatever that needs to be said..=)
Like i mentioned earlier, sharing the gospel with others is not an easy task. At least for most of us. Agree much?
I guess for many of us, the great desire to reach out isn't even present in our lives..nor is there a burning desire to see our relatives and friends get saved. Therefore, naturally, the thought of reaching out doesn't even exist.

At least, not until God gives you a wake up call like He did for me.

Have you ever wondered why pastors and missionaries are so passionate about sharing the gospel in whatever opportunity they can get? Or have you seen some of your believing friends who are always so eager to invite others to CF or churches?
and yet...wondered why you couldn't care less....?

First and foremost, it is because we have become too preoccupied with our daily lives and daily routine that instead of putting God first, we put Him second, or third or for some of us, last.
But remember this, God said He will bless us abundantly and everything, including our studies, family, relationships, etc will fall perfectly into place when we seek Him FIRST! =) Matthew 6:33

I have to say this one thing,which i've learnt recently eversince i was sent to johor, about sharing the gospel with others-- it requires a lot of love.
Both love for the Lord and for the people around us.
Love is the key that prompts you and stirs you to share the gospel even when there are better things to do.. like, studying for the coming test.
~1 Corinthians 13:13 '...But the greatest of these is love'


Without Love for the Lord, you cannot love others enough to want to tell them about this great God who carries all our burdens and who loved me and you so so much that He even sacrificed His One and Only Son to be the atonement for our sins. And without a genuine love for the people around us, how can we even begin to say we love God, whom we cannot see with our naked eyes?

*
*
*

I have to admit, the last time i truly opened my mouth to share the good news/ The gospel was like...5 yrs ago? After PMR. That, i truly remember, because i know i really prayed hard for that friend of mine to be saved and i kept rehearsing how to share the love of the gospel properly so that i won't miss out anything important.
My friend was saved. PTL! =) But again, i know that it is the dear Holy Spirit who convicts a person. Not our words or skills..but it is Him..the Holy Spirit =)

And during my form 6 years(2007-2008)..there was once or twice..i remember..=) but i wouldn't say those were planned. There were opportunites, so i just did as i felt lead by the Holy Spirit. And i thank God i did, cuz the fruits of the labor are now attending church regularly, and one, has been a great encouragement to me. Even going to extent of winning many souls for Christ's kingdom!
Indeed, he is the seed that fell on good soil and came up and yielded a crop, a hundred times more than was sown. Luke 8:8

Indeed, he has been a great encouragement to my spiritual walk. Keep up the great work. You know who you are! =D And know that our labor in the Lord will never be in vain! (1 cOR 15:58) Amen.


*
*
*

Eversince i came to Johor, i've changed quite a bit. For the better. =) Even in just a span of 4 months.
I've learnt to appreciate the simpler things in life. You know..the people here are so contented with the little they have...like my roommates..That taught me alot.
Coming from a city like KL, i really had a major culture shock when i first arrived. I complained alot about why i had to be sent to such an obscure place...with
dead shopping malls,
dirty environments,
bathing with cold water daily,
having to wash my own clothes..do the laundry...
hang the clothes...tidy my bed...
And eating the same old food everyday till i literally fell ill.
Name me all the mamak food and i can tell u i've eaten most of them. Since there's only one mamak stall opposite my hostel. haha.


You know, i've been so used to being pampered at home by my maid that i really felt homesick when i first arrived here..no doubt i cried myself to sleep....
But now, i must say life is not only better, it is pretty awesome now! haha
The Lord has been really faithful. And when He says He will never leave you nor forsake you..He mean it. =D

Oh, and dining with cats jumping on your chair and table is a norm already.(the cats here are wayyyy aggresive! I have this theory that the cats in Johor are so malnourished and underfed that their defense mechanism in order to survive is to launch attacks on humans while we are trying to eat the already hard-to-swallow-food. hahaha. Its madness i tell you. I have never seen such a cat in KL before! )

It still makes me terriffied though. =.=
But i think after 3 years, i can wine and dine with them peacefully already...0.0
Who knows we might even be allies? *rolls eyes*


*
*
*

WOW..i realized im getting a lil sidetracked. Back to main issue. ;)
One of the greatest things that has happened eversince i came here is--- the restoration of my first love towards Jesus my Lord and saviour. =))

It's a good thing the wifi connection is slow..there's no tv here.. no distractions... just a simple kampung lifestyle....
uz this very point has led me to spend more time sitting at the feet of Jesus just like Mary did. And not just go around being busy with ministry and service like Martha. Although what she did was also good.But we must learn to breakaway from our ministries burden and load...surrender it to Jesus and 'come, sit at my feet and fellowship with Me.'

For this is the very heart cry of God for all of us. Because so many of us are so worn out with everyday burdens and we carry too much heavy loads & these are the very things..the cares of the world, that hinders us from spending quality time with the lord.
By the time we want to spend time with the Lord, we are either too tired, lazy or overwhelmed. The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak. Although, it is the King of Kings' hearts desire to spend time with me and you,Yet, we fail to give Him even a lil time of ours. Say, the President of USA, Barack Obama tells you ' I need a few minutes of your time..'
Now, wouldn't you do whatever it takes to have that little time with him?
No matter how busy you are you will still take time off for him.
And now, the King above all the kings and The Lord above all the lords and the God of the heavens and the earth wants to fellowship with you. What will you say to Him?
He is waiting and waiting, patiently and eagerly, for us to commune with Him. But instead, we are hooked to the comp..to the tv..to even our studies...the many other things which should come after the Lord.
Oh, how it must have grieved the Spirit of the Lord when we did not put Him first!
If the Lord is speaking to you now...if you feel an unusual sensation in your heart..then please, respond and repent, and do not grieve the Holy Spirit anymore my dear friends.
For the Lord loves us so much that He desires of our hearts and our time...
Isn't it our great privilege and blessing that we mere humans would be called the sons and daughters of the Most High God?
Who am i that i should deserve of your attention Lord?
that you would even know the days fashioned for me? and even the numbers of hair on my head Lord, you know. =)
Pray this prayer of repentance dear beloved of God:
Father God, today, i repent of my wrongdoings..i repent for not spending enough time with You Lord. Forgive me Lord for forsaking my first love and letting the things of the world take Your place. Even now, i seek your grace and mercy. Do not turn your back on me anymore Lord...but rather, let your face shine upon me.I am reminded Lord of your unconditional love and sacrifice for me on the cross of Calvary, which bore my sins, shame and iniquities. And i ask that you refresh my Spirit and renew the covenant i once had with you Lord.Help me draw near to You Lord even as you draw near to me.
Thank You Father.In Jesus name, Amen.
*
*
*
*
I am on a journey to reach out to these very precious housemates of mine:
Mei Fong, from Sg.Siput, Perak...an innocent and a very simple soul.
She sleeps above the double decker bed, while i slp below. ;)
She's reaaaally a very caring and sweet gal.
Look at her innocent face. Doesnt even know when her photo is being taken.teehee.

Wai Chee, also from Perak. But lives in Kampar, a small town. =)

(sorry..this is the only photo i have of her..XD)

a quiet gal who only speaks when necessary. But can be talkative if she wants to.haha.

Roomies with Koh Woon...below..=)

Koh Woon

A loud and a rather mischevious gal who hails from Bkt Baru, Melaka. ;p

Pretty close to me i'd say..Since we do have quite alot to 'yak' about. hehe.

Please do uphold these 3 housemates of mine in your prayers yea, for the time being. =)

No comments: