Wednesday, October 28, 2009

If you doubt that miracles happen, read this.

If you have ever doubt that God hears even the slightest whispers in your heart, or if you wondered how a great God could have enough time for YOU when He obviously has so many other important things to take care of, then i would like to dedicate this post to you.

And if u don't think God is real; let alone exist..and that miracles are only a fabrication..then all the more, i would want you to read this. ;)

All that i'm about to share is based on my recent life experiences.
And these testimonies seek only to glorify the Lord Jesus!
He must increase, i must decrease.

Please take time to read this if you will...This is worth your time =))

And God has revealed to me thru these experiences that He still does great miracles today! Miracles are definitely NOT a thing of the past. God is the same today, tomorrow and forevermore. And if He performed signs and wonders thousands of years ago, rest assured, He still does them in our generation today! Praise the Lord =D

*
*
*
*

Episode 1: The Bus Incident

If you read my blog post previously, you would find out that God really cares about even the littlest things in your life. Things which you reckon are insignificant...He still does care.
The same thing happened last week.

And this time, it also seemed like the driver wasn't going to stop for a toilet break. Gosh..i was getting a lil worried cuz this time, my bladder was reaaaally reaally full. Any more delays and i will not be able to hold it much longer.

Then, i asked the Lord, 'God..how....i seriously can't stand for another half an hour...let alone 1 hour...' ( there was still abt 1 hour+ for the journey)

And then i heard the Holy Spirit reminding me gently about what God has told me previously that He will indeed take care of everything. All i need to do is trust and believe.
And so...i just believed. Eventhough in the natural human state of mind..especially when u're in a dire situation, its really hard to let go and trust God right?

I kept telling myself and the Lord that i will believe Him for the bus to stop.Real soon.
Cuz seriously, this time was really at an emergency state already! haha
And then the miracle happened.

The bus slowed down and came to a stop.
Can you imagine my estatic-ness?!
I was literally dumbfounded by His great work. For the second time.
I almost cried with joy but all i could do way smile all the way down to the washroom... amazed and in awe of the greatness of Jesus.
Seriously, the Lord is a great God. All glory to Him!


Episode 2: The Sandwich incident

Usually Josh would get me some food to eat once i reach puduraya. Since i am food-less for 3-4 hours in the bus and i can't really eat anything either, cuz if i do eat, i will need to drink. And even jz a lil bit of water will make me wanna go to the loo.
My storage system is really tiny i think. o.o


Feeling pretty famished since i was rushing back for Josh's convocation de next morning, i didnt have time for dinner.
And at the same time, i was craving for Italian BMT from Subway! The best sandwiches ever! ;)
So Josh left house real early( an hour before my time of arrival) to drive to Pavilion to get Subway for me. How sweet of him..=)
thank you dearest for going the extra mile. =)

But here's when the testing came.

He met with a massive traffic jam near the bukit bintang area and was stucked.....took him a real loooong time to get to Pavilion. And that time was already around 10.20pm.
And so he sms-ed me to tell me he most likely wouldn't be able to get the sandwich. I was devastated. =/
Cuz i really felt like having the BMT today....plus i was starving...huhu

Then i had this sudden inclination and i replied, 'Dear.. lets pray and believe that God will keep the store opened for us! '
And so we masing-masing prayed. =)
Me in the bus, he in his car.

When he finally reached Pavilion, it was roughly 10:4opm already.
Took us great faith to believe that it will still be opened.
I can imagine him running all the way to the subway store to get my sandwich.
Here's the funny part! =)
When he went to subway, the store was opened. Praise the Lord!
But when he asked the counter they said, 'Sorry sir..we're not operating anymore...'
Meaning, sudah mau tutup kedai. =.='

...................
LOL.

I was so amazed cuz God is seriously such a humourous God!
Yes, He answered our prayer specifically the way we asked.
We asked for the store to be opened and we got it.
What we forgot to pray is for the store to be opened and to be still operating its business!!
Hahaha.

So this is what Josh did next.
He decided to run all the way to the other Subway store. The nearest was along the BB street. Quite far actually.
But to him, there's no harm in trying. ;)
thanks once again dear

Then this time, we both prayed that it will be opened AND will be operating. haha.
And i waited in anticipation for his good news. XD
Now, the time was already around 11pm....and most shops would have been closed by now..
Really a testing of one's faith.
When he reached there..wow.....He miraculously managed to get the Italian BMT sandwich!
Wooot!
Praise You Jesus!
Indeed, the Lord took care of even this little craving of mine.
thank you so so much Lord.



Episode 3: The Drilling

I've shared this with some of my friends and my CG members in johor before..It occurred abt few weeks ago.=)

This one IS really a miracle.

My neighbours, both the left and right one, has been doing some drilling work for their house renovations for the past few months. I'm telling you, it can get sooo annoying cuz the drillings are just above your head and beside your ears.
And it goes on from 9-5pm. ><
I had an assignment due very soon and i was determined to finish it the next morning itself.
But then again, how was i going to do my assignment in a day with all those crazy drilling going on?

Then i had this idea...why don't i pray for the drilling to stop for even just a day?
Hmm...yea..this is definitely workable i said to myself.
So i said a simple prayer the night before.

Come next morning, mum told me the neighbours said drilling wud start at 10.30. I waited till 10.30 to see if it would start or not. Cuz after this time has passed, then i can be pretty sure the ''danger zone'' is settled and there would prolly be no drilling after that.hehe.
My bro and mum was sitting opposite me on the breakfast table, and when i told them boldly that there would be no drilling, i could see that they were half skeptical, half believing. haha.
It's only natural rite =)

And right after i uttered those words, the drilling started! That was 10:40am.
Boy, it was as if the Lord was testing my faith.
And i have to admit..my faith wavered quite a bit...and doubt crept in.
But i reminded myself that i really, truly have to believe God for that miracle.

So i said to my bro and mum this time, 'Believe me...it WILL stop. I believe it will.'
And i remember my bro laughed at my statement. haha.
But guess what?
Around 10 minutes later--- It stopped.
Yes, the drilling stopped.
And for the entire day after that, there was no drilling at all.
Only an occasional sound i heard..but that was it.
No thunderous and annoying drilling.
Only peace and quietness. =)

Can you not be amazed at the Lord when He does such great things before your very eyes?
Surely,the Lord can do for you what He did for me!
You just have to believe.

Even my parents and bro was shocked at what happened.
I was still in a state of awe.
And the next morning, the drillings went back as per usual.
Wow.
Jesus is real and alive!
I told one of my roomie, 'Don't be afraid to test God. He will answer you if you'd just believe...'
Remember that my friends.


Amen!


*
*
*
*

Phew..can't believe i've typed so much...there's still two episodes to go. Both of which jz happened this week itself.
Prolly i'll blog abt it in the next post.;)

But here's another testimony to glorify the Lord.
It's really not by my own might but by His grace and favour that i managed to attain the highest marks for a mid term paper in my faculty, consisting of BPA and BPB students for one of my course this sem,Principles of Management.
(I'm from BPA by the way...which stands for pure technology management students)

Thank you Lord for that blessing cuz i really don't deserve it...but only by your favour Lord.
And I'm reminded of Matthew 6:33..that when you put God first in your life, He will not cease to bless you abundantly! Really one.

And in fact, my marks of 92% only has a difference of 1 mark compared to the other two students who both got 91%.
Hmm..its true that one mark makes alot of difference...;)

Once again, thank you Lord. =)
I can never thank You enough.

*
*
*
*

Dear friends, if you would like to experience the power and real-ness of Jesus like i did,let me encourage you to do so by just saying this simple prayer:
It only takes 2 minutes. =))



"Heavenly Father, have mercy on me, a sinner. I believe in you and that your word is true. I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of the living God and that he died on the cross so that I may now have forgiveness for my sins and eternal life. I know that without you in my heart my life is meaningless.

I believe in my heart that you, Lord God, raised Him from the dead. Please Jesus forgive me, for every sin I have ever committed or done in my heart, please Lord Jesus forgive me and come into my heart as my personal Lord and Savior today. I need you to be my Father and my friend.

I give you my life and ask you to take full control from this moment on; I pray this in the name of Jesus Christ.

Let me experience your love and grace and real-ness in my life God. Take away every unbelief and doubt in me.

In Jesus name,

Amen.


4 comments:

Daniel See said...

Thanks for the post abigail...
Really keep me thinking about it for quite a long time...=)

God blessed..

Abigail said...

Hey daniel, hmm..jz curious..since when did u become danielkartini? o.O
Does it have a meaning behind it?lol
Glad u're pondering abt it.;)
if u did pray the prayer, lemme noe ya? =)

Daniel See said...

haha hey abigail, sorry for the late reply over here..
Well..actually kartini is the name of my girlfriend,she is an indian btw.. =) haha you must be wondering what isit over there...

And abigail, i did pray the prayer. =)

Abigail said...

heyyy! am so happy for ya!
Dropped u an email. =)
get back to me okie dokie.
take care