Monday, January 12, 2009

Finally got my own camera =P


I'm really delighted right now.=)

Because i know i've been desiring for a camera for so long...i think eversince i discovered the ''art'' of camwhoring and taking photos whenever i see something that captures my imagination. The last part was exaggeration.haha.

Simply put, i love taking photos. =)))

And somehow, i believe that taking photos is important cuz it will be a memoir for me many years down the road..At least i know how i look like and what hairstyles i had before,etc....(Talking bout hairstyles, i've just had a makeover! Pictures might be up soon.haha.) To see the changes in all my friends and family years after...the thought of it is just so warm and fuzzy. =D

And all the sweet memories with my loved ones can be brought back to life simply by looking at the photos.=)

Right now, i'm just bubbling with joy..not just because of the camera but it's because i know God has been so faithful to me. I know i'm diverting a bit..but just hear me out yea. God knows how loooong i've wanted this Canon Ixus camera.... i wanted an electric blue, and 70 IS was good enough. Haha. I just wanted a digital compact cam so desperately! (Taking photos with my hp was fine..but it frustrates me when i can't get clear pictures.)

So my plan was to work and then use my own salary to get this camera. Well and good i thought. By the way, i just got a job at Starbucks! come visit! =)

But who would've known God would bless me with the camera of my dreams from Daddy. I have to thank my mum too, cuz she was the one who told dad about my passion for photography.Haha.

I just can't begin to think about how absolutely good the Lord is. He sees the desires of your heart and begins to work in wonderful ways..just to make u happy. =) Of course, the desire of your heart should be parallel to His will for your life.

But the last thing i would imagine was to get something like a camera from dad, cuz my whole family knows how thrifty he is. His favourite quote is, ''I am a very practical person..i don't mind spending money on things that are truly necessary.'' And camera is not exactly a necessary thing in his list. haha.

Sometimes, getting 10bucks alone from dad is so difficult cuz he believes in investing for the long term by purchasing properties instead of a momentary splurge on cars, clothes, furnitures,etc...those of which he says are liabilities instead of assets ( since they don't generate income for you) Which is actually very true. Even houses are liabilties you know? Whatever that sits there and does not generate income for you IS a liabilty already.
Err..sidetracked again..sorry..haha..im getting so business-y nowadays. Im actually wondering if i should take up business course..hmm..Still have to pray about it.

So, as you can see..i was just so happy when he presented the camera to me on saturday night.And its double the blessings cuz i got an 80 IS instead of 70. =D
Just wanna thank the Lord soooooooo much for everything.
He has truly blessed me with so much..like a song that goes..''So much, i can't contain it, so much, i've gotta give it away...''
Remember that we can never ever ever outgive God. So lets be generous with our offerings and tithes!



~ The cam is actually pink! but due to the lighting it looks more silver than pink. ~

Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.
Psalm 37: 3-5

1 comment:

TC Tham said...

congrats.. glad you could pursue your dreams.. hehehe..
When you say liabilities.. i can't help but think of... me.. hahahah.. i'm a liability unless i start generating income to my family.. hahaha..
and ya.. camera picts is sooo unclear.. (perhaps my phone is pathetic.. haha)